UPDATE: While many tour companies in Arizona have focused of creating restrictive, inflexible mandates (mandatory masks, temperature taking before tour, gloves worn by Guides, zero handshaking, zero hugs after an awesome tour, 6 feet separation, etc), we‘ve adopted the policy of, “personal responsibility“.
We step out of the way and leave the level of preventative measures to our Guests. We clearly understand that the CDC guidelines are just that, guidelines. Also, that our Guests are MORE THAN capable of determining what guidelines they deem important, and clearly expressing their wishes to their Guide.
REMEMBER: Our tours are 100% private, so other than your Guide, no one outside your family/group will be on your tour. This offers us the flexibility mixed tour companies cannot match.
Social Distancing: Your Guide will maintain “Social Distancing” at the beginning of your tour. You will have a conversation with your Guide, and implement “together” preventative measures that all parties feel comfortable implementing. BE ADVISED: Your Guide will have a say in the level of CDC guidelines followed. Our goal is that EVERYONE feel 100% comfortable.
- GUIDE: Masks will only be worn by your Guide if requested and only when turning head to the rear of vehicle during conversation. It’s simply NOT SAFE to have our Guides wear a mask for multiple hours straight while driving.
- GUESTS: Masks will NOT be handed out to Guests. You’re welcome to bring your own mask/s if you deam necessary.
- HIGH RISK GROUPS: We ENCOURAGE Guests in the high risks groups (65+ years of age. underlying medical condition) to consider wearing a mask, but again, it will be left to our Guests to make this decision.
While we are leaving it to our Guests to determining the level of CDC guidelines followed; as a company we are doing the following to safeguard our Guests.
- Guides will not conduct tours if sick. Each is asked to report ANY illness, and tours will be reassigned as needed.
- Vehicles will be cleaned and sanitized before, during and after each tour.
- Hand sanitizer will be available.
- Tours will focus on the less dense areas within the National Park (which happen to be the best areas anyway).
The safety of our Guests and that of our Guides is TOP PRIORITY.
If your Guide has concerns with the health of member of your group, he/she can choose to cancel the tour THAT MORNING. EXAMPLE: A member of your group has a deep chest cough, and looks to be battling an illness. While your group my think it’s OK to continue, your Guide has the authority to cancel the tour.
- If a member of your group is ill, have them stay home.
- There is NO REFUND for cancellations the morning of the tour due to health concerns.